Monday, November 14, 2011

CNN Leaves Out Minor Detail on $1 CEO

Today I saw an article on CNN about Tech CEO's who were compensated $1 a year. At the top of the list was Steve Jobs. Normally something like this wouldn't grab my attention except that I'm almost done with Steve Job's biography.

As I was reading the piece in more detail it became clear that the focus was on the $1 a year salary. It went into mentioning that Jobs was also compensated with an airplane and was worth over 7 billion dollars. What it failed to mention was that before coming back officially to Apple, Jobs negotiated a surprisingly high amount of stock options.

There was a list of other CEO's who supposedly worked for a dollar but after not seeing all of the facts I had no interest in viewing the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

TechCrunch